Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A fun and unexpected way to say Thank You

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into a dilemma - how to properly thank someone who was about to do something wonderful for me. 

Who was this amazing person - my friend Melissa.  She is my boss's wife and an incredible chef who was amazingly gracious in hosting our entire team for dinner a la Mel.  I knew it was going to be incredible, and I have expected being banned from coming to help early.

As she is one my active blog readers (of my original blog), I knew that I needed to do a little something of the scrapbook variety to show my gratitude.

Now, if you're an avid scrapbooker like me, then you know that there are some topics that are seriously lacking pre-made embellishments.  Some of the areas that are still waiting for new tools and stickers are cooking, adoption, specific ethnicities and cultures, etc.  So what was I do to for Chef Mel?

Well, I started by doing a search in old idea books, favorite blogs and Scrapbook.com.  I found my source of inspiration on the Scrapbook.com website.  The link to the original posting can be found here.


I thought this original post was so cute, but I wanted to take it a bit further - especially since I love mini scrapbook albums. 

So rather than a handmade thank you card, I decided to make a mini thank you album.  I'm also thinking of doing something familiar for my mom's Mother's Day gift.

Here are the great pictures Mel took of my mini-album (she's not only an amazing chef, she also takes the best pictures!).





No comments:

Post a Comment