Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baby Shower gift - Mommy Notes

This weekend, my cousin helped host a baby shower for her best friend, Lupe.  Lupe, a few months ago, hosted a great baby shower for my cousin.  So I knew that I had to do a little something to thank her for being such a great friend and to congratulate her.  What better way than to add a quick and easy scrapbooking element to her party!

I decided to make an album where her guests could jot down mommy notes for this first-time mama. 

I didn't have much time to complete the project, so I needed to keep the layout simple and clean.  I also was FORCED to try to work in gender neutral colors because Lupe and her husband didn't choose to find out the sex of their baby.  This, of course, killed me!  I have so many adorable baby boy and baby girl papers and embellishments!  I also was told that I had to absolutely stay away from pastels because Lupe despises them.

You can already begin to imagine my panic!  LOL.

Anyway, I decided to stick with yellows and greens (she lives in WI and is a Packers' fan) and to try to keep it on the antiquey side.

From what I hear, the album was a huge hit and the guests filled it up with some great advice.  Here are a few pics.














Sorry for the awful pics...I was in a rush to get it to my cousin for the shower, so I didn't have much time to play with lighting and placement of the album for better quality pics!

1 comment: